Saturday, September 11, 2010

When Green Becomes More Than Your Favorite Color

So here I am in Redding, CA. It's a much different world than I originally learned to live in. I feel like a Star Wars charector who was just transported into The Pirates of the Caribean, and yet, there is so much peace and excitement in my spirit, because I know this is where God wants me for now. But the fast pace of the city, the noice, the heat, and the polluted air I realize will be difficult to get used to. Up to this point its been very hard to relax, and to rest in the presance of God, eventhough I have plenty of time. Its just that everything is new, and a little overwhelming.
Now I know what its like to dream bigger than your circomstances. God's been telling me to do this for a year. When we dream bigger than our circumstances we'll find possibilities we never knew. Because we have to live beyond the relm of reason, so that God can do the impossible through us. I have dreamed beyond my circumstances, and I have found myself with whole new circumstances. I now have a whole new reality and my dreams are getting bigger! I just didnt realize this would put me into such a state of shock. lol But the goodness of God is ever before me.
I have 7 housemates, who are all absolutly amazing, and I cant wait to get to know them better. However, I have to say I am quite releived that they are all out shopping today. Their constant chatter, no matter how much filled with grace and seasoned with salt, only prolongs my state of shock. I have two room mates. The first is Janneke, from Holland, and the second is Chanel, from S. Africa. Although both are a little hard to understand at times, they are wonderful girls who have a passion for the heart of God. I am the youngest in the house, but not by more than a couple months. The oldest, Janneke, is 24.
Today I rode my bike to Bethel Church. It is a 10-15min ride, depending on traffic. I think I will very much enjoy riding everyday. There is another girl here who rides a bike, but she is only staying for a couple days, until she finds somewhere eles to stay. She was renting a room somewhere, but she got kicked out because she was praying and speaking in tongues. Apparently, the renter was a Jahovah Wittness.
All my spirit wants to do is worship, and all my mind wants to do is rest and take everything in. Well, I am a spirit, so I guess I'll worship. =D


2 comments:

  1. Savannah,
    I am glad you made it safely to CA. This morning at about 10:30, three women will walk the Circle of Friends Labyrinth inspired by the Spirit using my hands. My prayer intention will be for you and all of the young people in Eureka who have dared to follow the Lord's hand and do his work. Be blessed.

    ReplyDelete