Thursday, November 8, 2012

WPA Part 2: The Mission


Its my second day in Colorado. The shock of my brand new life here in Colorado is gone. By the grace of God, this shabby shared hotel room 3,000ft above sea-level in the Rocky Mountains, surrounded and filled with people who are living for that moment they can strap their ski's or board to their feet, already feels like home to me. A peace that paces my understanding ignites a fire of passion and excitement in me as I realize God has strategically placed me in this sphere of influence. I am filled with excitement as I realize, this is my first real missions trip!

Five o' clock comes around and everyone on my floor start congregating in the hall with beers in their hands.A giant speaker gets pulled out into the hall and soon music is blaring so that you cant escape it. Everyone is talking, and laughing, and every other word is a cuss word. People are going outside to smoke every so often. Its a party.
I stand out like a star in the heavens. I don't drink, smoke, or cuss. I know who I am, I am confident enough to not even notice peer pressure let alone resist it, and confident enough to be honest. I am one Spirit with Christ, and confident in Him and the life he has spoken into my heart.

I've faced a fare amount of challenges since being here, already. Everything from not having enough money to eat (I'm good now), to staying encouraged, to knowing how to handle drunk people. I am continually going back and forth between being incredibly excited about what God is doing and going to do this winter, to wondering what the heck I am doing here in this culture so different from what I have ever known, and so different from my home, Heaven. Yet it is so good for me to be here! I feel like I'm finally out of my box, and free to be the person I was called to be. Like a soldier going from the boot camp to the battlefield. Everything in me tells me I was made for this!

I just realized last night that I asked to be here. Five months ago I was in California asking God to take me out of my comfort zone into the super dark places so that he could shine really bright in me.  I asked him to put me in with the drunks and the prostitutes, and the people who don't know love. Places where I would have to trust him with my life, and rely on him to help me, cause Lord knows I have no clue how to help people that have been so screwed up. All I know is they need Jesus' love.
 And look at me now. He took me here.

So you see even though its challenging sometimes, I'm so happy to be here. I'd much rather be here amongst these drunkards and sinners and be a lil' unsure, uncomfortable, and sometimes fighting to be myself, than in California or Montana, comfortable, among family, bored, and continually having to remind myself why I'm alive. Here I am continually reminded why I'm alive, because this is why I'm alive. To pull people out of the hell we were all in once, by the life of Christ that is in me. I was made for this, and God has diffidently given me a grace to be here amongst these people.

That being said I would appreciate all the prayers, advice, and encouragement you could give.
I need family here. I know they're out there, so pray that I meet them soon.

To my family all around the world(you know who you are) I love and miss you very much!


No comments:

Post a Comment